Remote Contractor – Part Time or Full Time
Applicants must be able to meet during CST/EST morning hours
ISeeChange is a unique global social media platform dedicated to connecting communities to their changing environment. ISeeChange combines this real-time data with sensor networks to illustrate community-scale climate trends. Cities, engineers, insurers, and researchers use this data to inform planning, public safety, and infrastructure design—enabling them to build solutions that work best for communities by putting their voices and vision front and center. ISeeChange has been recognized by MIT Solve, Echoing Green,Grist 50 Fixers, and the UN’s Global Innovation Coalition for Change. With users in 118 countries and local pilots in New Orleans, New York, Boston and Miami, we are seeking to expand our team as well as expand features on our platform and API.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help take our technology stack to the next level. As a lead engineer, you will take control of the entire platform and be responsible for designing, building and deploying features and critical infrastructure. You will play a key role in helping us scale our global platform and make real difference in communities everywhere.
- Design and guide software architecture of our platform
- Work closely with the team on designing, developing and improving features
- Design, build and maintain API’s, services and systems across our platform
- Improve engineering standards, tooling and processes
- Make sure our core infrastructure and technology can grow, change and scale painlessly
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience with building REST API’s
- 3+ years of experience with NodeJS (Express)
- Firm grasp of test-driven development and test automation
- Professional experience working with & maintaining NoSQL & SQL databases
- Demonstrable experience designing global, high availability platforms
- Track record of designing and implementing AWS solutions
- Proficiency with Git version control system
- Excellent communication, listening, and organization skills to work with teammates across disciplines, as well as across time-zones.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Attention to detail and strong execution skills (you meet deadlines and help others meet theirs)
- A hunger for making a difference
What we have:
- A growing global web and mobile platform with an active community.
- Opportunities to learn new technologies (e.g. IoT and AI, statistical programming etc.) and take responsibility for company initiatives.
- An international team of values-driven, friendly, and smart people (if we do say so ourselves) to work along-side.
- A dedication to make the world a better place.
- A remote team with flexible scheduling.
What a day might look like for you:
- Have a meeting with our international team via a Zoom video call
- Give feedback on a design or specification document we’re drafting for a new feature
- Make progress on a new feature we’re working on
- Help the team track and more efficiently achieve our milestones
- Learn something new about our community
Why work with ISeeChange?
We are our authentic selves. We’re innovators. We’re human – we know that our weaknesses and vulnerabilities matter just as much as our strengths. We engage each other with gratitude, transparency and love. We value community-sourced knowledge, “do no harm” revenue models, and impact-driven work to solve the climate crisis.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.