Full Time, Remote Contractor Role
ISeeChange is a global community and unique social media platform dedicated to connecting communities to each other and their changing environment. We mobilize residents to collect local stories, photos, and weather measurements to inform climate adaptation, mitigation, infrastructure design, and community-driven solutions design. Cities, engineers, utilities, and researchers use this data to build infrastructure, public safety and planning solutions that work best for communities.
ISeeChange has been recognized by TechStars, MIT Solve, Echoing Green, Grist 50 Fixers, and the UN’s Global Innovation Coalition for Change. With users in 118 countries and clients in New Orleans, Miami, Boston, Ontario, Chicago and soon more locations, we are seeking new team members to accelerate our growth in 2022.
We are looking for a business development lead to build our sales pipeline and sales team. We need someone with an entrepreneurial bent and process-driven mindset to accelerate growth. As our first sales hire, you’ll report directly to our CEO and have a lot of responsibility and latitude to shape our sales organization. You’ll set strategy, develop and track leads, close contracts, and deeply listen to customers for feedback and pattern recognition. As you gain traction, you will lead the hire and development of a full sales team. The ideal candidate is someone who has excelled as an individual contributor on sales teams, thrives at building relationships with customers, and has the enthusiasm to build and lead their own high-performing sales organization within our company. Additionally, you will:
- Conduct inside sales activities, from prospecting and developing opportunities to closing sales.
- Expand our industry knowledge and adapt our sales approach as appropriate.
- Convey customer needs to the product team.
- Create and improve outreach templates and sequences.
- Establish sales targets, prepare forecasts, and create sales reports.
- Update and maintain the sales database.
- Establish a scalable sales process and build out a sales team.
This is a full time contract role. The position is remote, but special consideration will be given to candidates in ISeeChange’s target markets. Generally we are active online between 9am-6pm EST. The ISC multi-disciplinary team currently consists of a full-time director and 9 remote team members across development, data science, climate science, journalism, urban planning, and community organizing.
What you have:
- 7+ years in enterprise Sales or Business Development.
- Experience selling technical services (especially software-as-a-service) and/or professional services like engineering and construction management.
- Proven track record of success achieving sales quotas and goals.
- Ability to manage complex sales cycles, including experience in RFP responses state, local, and education (SLED) government agencies
- Confidence selling in a variety of situations including 1:1, 1:many, and with industry partners.
- Enthusiasm for sales metrics and analysis.
- Ability to quickly identify challenges that customers and prospects are facing.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- A passion for working with clients to solve problems
We’d be super pumped if you also have:
- Experience selling to governmental organizations.
- Prior experience building and leading sales teams.
What we have:
- A growing global web and mobile platform with an active community.
- Climate focused business use cases to design solutions around
- Opportunities to learn new technologies (e.g. IoT and AI) and take responsibility for company initiatives.
- An international team of values-driven, friendly, and smart people (if we do say so ourselves) to work along-side
- A dedication to make the world a better place
- A remote team with flexible scheduling and competitive salaries
Why work with ISeeChange?
We are our authentic selves. We’re human – we know that our weaknesses and vulnerabilities matter just as much as our strengths. We engage each other with gratitude, transparency and love. We value community-sourced knowledge, “do no harm” revenue models, and impact-driven work to solve the climate crisis at scale.
How to apply:
To apply, please fill out the google form linked here. You’ll be asked for you resume, a statement of interest including why you’d like to work for a climate change focused platform, and a link to examples of your work or website (optional).