ISeeChange is a global community and unique social media platform dedicated to connecting communities to each other and to their changing environment. We mobilize residents to collect local stories, photos, and weather measurements to inform climate adaptation, infrastructure design, and community-driven storytelling. ISeeChange’s platform empowers communities to collect and share their own personal climate stories, photos, and weather measurements. ISeeChange combines this real-time data with sensor networks and natural language processing to illustrate community-scale climate trends. Cities, engineers, insurers, and researchers use this data to inform climate adaptation planning, public safety, and infrastructure design—enabling them to build solutions that work best for communities by putting their voices and vision front and center. ISeeChange has been recognized by MIT Solve, Echoing Green, Grist 50 Fixers, and the UN’s Global Innovation Coalition for Change.
With users in 118 countries and new, focused local pilots launching in Boston and Miami, we are seeking to expand our team alongside major investments from the Wyncote Foundation, the McGovern Foundation, MITSolve, Twilio, and the Knight Foundation. We are looking for a community manager located in Miami with the right experience, communication skills, creativity, and drive to help our team launch our tools, expand our community, and further our development priorities.
What we have:
- A growing global web and mobile platform with an active community
- A partnership with the City of Miami
- Tech-enabled engagement strategies and resilience project development experience
- An international team of values-driven, friendly, and smart people (if we do say so ourselves) to work alongside
- A collective open mind to exploring new technologies and front-line opportunities in communities most impacted by climate change.
- A growing interest from municipalities interested in deploying our services to increase engagement, dialogue, and improve resilience practice.
What you have:
- Excellent communication, listening, patience, and organization skills to work with teammates across disciplines, as well as across time zones.
- Excellent people skills. You can inspire trust and work with people regardless of economic and social backgrounds. (For example: You feel just as comfortable recruiting people while sipping a cafecito at a ventanilla on Calle Ocho, as you do discussing neighborhood trees in Coconut Grove, as you do at a resilience conference cocktail party).
- Written and spoken Spanish language proficiency.
- A passion for metrics. You enjoy regularly looking at numbers and making specific, targeted adjustments.
- Ability to fluidly communicate technical details about flooding, heat exposure, and engineering specs to diverse audiences and partners.
- An attention to detail.
- An active understanding of and engagement with team strategies and objectives.
- Motivation to learn as you go and constantly help to improve our tools and process.
- Strong and thorough execution skills (you meet deadlines and help others meet theirs)
- A hunger for making a difference.
You might also have:
- Experience with community or political organizing.
- Experience with quality control and testing.
We’d be super pumped, if you also have:
- Project management experience in technology.
- A/B and growth testing experience.
What a day might look like for you:
- Have a meeting with our international team via a Zoom video call
- Attend a neighborhood association meeting and do a recruitment presentation
- Social media recruitment and respond to community posts in detail on ISeeChange
- Event organization or campaign development with our local partners
- Meet with engineers or city partners to review community-sourced data
- Monitoring local weather events and designing tailored communication plans
- Give feedback on a design or specification document we’re drafting for a new feature
- Help the team track and more efficiently achieve our recruitment and impact milestones in Miami
- Home visits to install sensors or rain gauges with super-users
- Learn something new about our community
Why work with ISeeChange?
We are our authentic selves. We’re innovators. We’re human–we know that our weaknesses and vulnerabilities matter just as much as our strengths. We engage each other with gratitude, transparency and love. We value community-sourced knowledge, “do no harm” revenue models, and impact-driven work to solve the climate crisis.
How to apply:
Please email email@example.com with a statement of interest, resume and an optional link to examples of your work or website.